For all the trips we use our 9.5 metre RIB, Saorsa. She has been designed specifically with wildlife watching in mind and we believe this type of vessel offers a number of advantages, particularly in terms of safety, handling and sheer exhiliration. Indeed for many the boat ride alone is the biggest attraction!
Our boat Saorsa…
- the name Saorsa comes from Gaelic, meaning freedom
- custom built high-specification, 9.5m RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat)
- powered by twin Yamaha 150hp Four Stroke outboard engines which give a comfortable cruising speed of 25 knots. We don’t operate our trips as white knuckle rides but with the option of a higher cruising speed than conventional vessels, we can cover a much greater area giving you the best possible chance to appreciate the diversity of scenery and wildlife
- central helm position so the skipper/ guide can interact fully with passengers and provide a commentary throughout the trip
- comfortable, individual pod seating — capacity limited to just 12 passengers ensuring excellent all round visibility and a very personal service
- special seating designed for children and those with reduced mobility
- shallow draft allowing us to access coves and anchorages inaccessible to larger craft
- the configuration of the hull and tubes mean a very stable, seaworthy platform
- by utilising the very latest four stroke engine technology it means there are no oily exhaust fumes and almost silent running at idle when we are watching wildlife
Saorsa is normally berthed alongside a stable floating pontoon which is accessed via a ramp, approximately 100 metres from the shop and kit up area. The skipper will be on hand as you board to assist you onto the boat and help you to find your seat.
Please just let us know if you have any mobility issues when you book so that we can discuss any individual requirements with you.