Duration 2 hours (inc kit up/ safety brief)
After a short introduction and safety briefing we board ‘Saorsa’ and head out into the Inner Moray Firth where we hope to be lucky enough to encounter the resident colony of Bottlenose Dolphins. Also look out for the shy Harbour Porpoise, Common and Grey Seals and the occasional Minke Whale. We will explain some of the history of the area as we take in the spectacular cliff coastline, pausing to allow you to appreciate the bird colonies and imposing war fortifications, before we head on further out to sea.
If conditions and sightings allow we will also listen to the dolphins using our onboard hydrophone.
Before or after your boat trip, you are also welcome to spend some time at our Dolphin Centre where we have information on the wildlife of the Moray Firth and a small selection of gifts.
Although we are fortunate to encounter Dolphins on most of our trips please remember that all of the wildlife we encounter is just that ‘wild’. We do not feed or train the animals to perform in any way and as such there are times we must be content with a glimpse, or simply the knowledge that they are not there for our pleasure but are free to go about their business as they please.
Adult £30 Children (5-12 years) £23
(Family Tickets Available)
- Departing Cromarty Harbour daily (Apr – Oct), weather permitting. Please contact us directly for sailing times on a particular day as these do vary
- Wet weather gear, goggles, head bands and lifejackets are provided for your comfort and safety
- Due to limited space, advance booking is highly recommended, especially over peak holiday periods
- Minimum age 5 years. Children between the ages of 5 and 8 years will be taken subject to weather conditions
- As with any boat trip, unpredictable sea conditions can occur and for that reason we cannot take anyone who is pregnant or who suffers from a historical or current back problem
For further information about booking, what to wear and other important trip information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.